Tuesday 6 May 2014

Week 3 - Final submission

From the textures I've done this week, I chose these three to use on my model:




... and here is my final project!  Ta-da!  As you can see, I've made some radical design changes. I completely changed the Saarinen monument because I thought the last version looked too much like random blobs.  The new design was inspired by Saarinen's TWA terminal (the 'ring' in the middle was based on the departures boards).

The shadows casted by the Saarinen monument move across the space between similar to the way a sundial moves, reinforcing the monument as a keeper of time. 

The features adjacent to the ring act as visual vectors pointing out towards the landscape.

This is the space through which the monument is entered by. The ring of the Saarinen monument frames the sky and the infinite horizon of the sea beyond.  The ring thus captures the concept of infinity.


 This is in the upstairs space.  The seats are reminiscent of a clock or the stones of Stonehenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment