Saturday 28 June 2014

Draft in Lumion

Here is a very rough draft I've done of my bridge.  As you can see it's just a bridge so far, I still need to sort out internal structure.  I've also re-done the Lumion environment to take the structure, but I still need to add trees to make it look more realistic.  

The tree-like bridge appears to grow from the seed-like folly, mirroring the sequence of designing this structure.  

The steel beams are made from rusted iron, alluding to the mining history of the Launceston area. 

The longitudinal beams on the glass folly make it resemble a globe, representing how knowledge is formed from the world around us.  The texture used for the floors resembles the movement of the water below. 

I like how the beams resemble an open book, again emphasizing this as a place of learning.  I imagine the studio, labs etc. to be placed in the space between these beams.  The space between also resembles the shape of the Slow House by Diller and Scofidio, which I could use as a design template for the interior structure. 






No comments:

Post a Comment