Wednesday 19 March 2014

My second section



Here is the other section I chose to make stairs for.  The top floor is based on the word 'stick', and the bottom is based on 'hitting' (It's meant to represet the motion of a bouncing ball).


Both sets of stairs were based on the circle.  The stairs above were based on a slinky and are meant to link the ground floor to the top floor. 

http://www.freeimageslive.com/galleries/objects/ropes/pics/slinky0507.jpg


The stairs below are designed for the bottom floor.  I forgot to state that the spheres are meant to be made from concrete.  



When I made these stairs in Sketchup, however; I realised that the repeated spheres were visually too confronting (or in more simple terms, 'too busy').  I streamlined the design, making the stairs a single layer of semi-spheres.  I think this one layer of spheres is more effective than the repeated spheres, as it will not detract from the rest of the space as the other stairs would have.  



Here is my Sketchup model of the building with the stairs





 

No comments:

Post a Comment